Ever DAO Community Guidelines
Ever DAO is the place to express your opinion on the primary Everscale events. Independently of the position on proposals, we want everyone to feel respected and motivated posting comments here. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
The rule of thumb
Don’t be a moron. There are plenty of other places morons can talk to and insult each other, but Ever DAO is not one of these.
Comments we welcome
– Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the proposal.
– A useful, constructive criticism on the proposal topic.
– Demonstration and sharing of the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
And the ones that make us sick
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
– Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. So you’ve got a climate change solution that will simultaneously solve world poverty. Great. Send it through our contact form, you Elon Musk, you.
– Impersonating authors or other commenters. We can’t believe we have to say this, but: Don’t do that. It’s weird.
– Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the proposal. Enraged that the author didn’t take your opinion into account? Slow down, samurai. If you’d made it past paragraph two, you’d see a very well-thought-out discussion of that X you hold so dear.
– Comments that are completely out of the left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
– Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated. Before you casually mention your foe’s home address, think of your Mother Earth. (Bonus points if you never use the phrase “Mother Earth.”)
– Racism, sexism, homophobia, politics – you get the drift. Call us the PC Police, fine, but don’t say we didn’t warn you when you get tased.
– Trolling. If you’re a climate denier just out for a good trolling and are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we’ll be pushing you back under the bridge.